A few kilometers from the poblacion of Nasugbu, Batangas, in the town of Lumangbayan, aptly named as this translates to “old town” which is the original location of Nasugbu, is a Spanish colonial period church ruin that is still being used by devotees today. However, it was in this church that many of the townspeople were imprisoned and burned in 1896.
The interior of Caraga Church has been much renovated that there are no longer traces of the old, except for the hardwood posts and lateral walls. The old and dilapidated retablos were replaced with new ones during preparations for its centennial celebrations.
There are only three bells dated 1802, 1893 and 1895 remaining in the church of Caraga, Davao Oriental and these might have been placed at the top of the pediment. Now, all of these are just placed on the floor.