Anini-y Church’s kumbento

Ruins of the original kumbento found at the back

The construction of the original kumbento (parochial house) of Anini-y was continued by Fray Jeronimo Vaquerin when he arrived 1878 and finished it a year later. During World War II, it was almost totally destroyed and the current structure was built over the ruins. One can still see the form of the 19th century edifice, made from cut coral stones, although, only the lower portion still exists. The kumbento is located a few meters left of the church.

Related Posts with Thumbnails