In a news article in the Philippine Daily Inquirer, the Sta. Ana parish church in Piddig, Ilocos Norte has been decommissioned due to deteriorating structural integrity. Engineering experts from the National Commission for Culture and the Arts declared the edifice as unfit for occupancy. The last mass was held last 14 September led by Laoag Bishop Renato Mayugba.
Piddig was once a visita of Dingras organized by the Augustinians. It was established in 1798 and became a parish in 1810. However, Pedro Galende, in his book, Angels in Stone, continued, that a map of 1848 indicated it became a parish in 1770. Galende also states that there are no records stating the establishment of the present church. An undated earthquake toppled the belfry built a few meters from the edifice.
Check out the PDI news article.