Barangay Salasa is the old Poblacion of Bugallon where the old Spanish colonial era church, one of the oldest in the province of Pangasinan, and its equally old cemetery is located. If it were not for floods and erosion in 1914, it would have remained as the town center but this was moved to the present site where a new parish church has been erected.
The cemetery, like the old church and as with many heritage structures built during the Spanish era in this province and in many areas of North Luzon, is made of bricks. Although the paletada (lime wash) can still be seen on portions of the arch, there are already weathered parts while the top is incomplete. The look is typical baroque.
The low perimeter wall is still intact but portions have been breached. Like the beautiful entrance arch, the wall is in equally bad condition.
Images taken in 2010