It is not known when the old cemetery of Anini-y in Antique, just at the side of the main road and a few kilometers from the town center, was built but the design is the same with the neighboring town of Tobias Fornier (formerly Dao).
The construction of the original kumbento (parochial house) of Anini-y was continued by Fray Jeronimo Vaquerin when he arrived 1878 and finished it a year later. During World War II, it was almost totally destroyed and the current structure was built over the ruins.
The belfry of Anini-y church consists of three tiers with a quadrilateral base and the remaining two tiers octagonal and capped with a dome. It is located at the right side of the facade and is attached to the church.
The baptistry of Anini-y Church is located at the base of the belfry with a vaulted stone ceiling made of corals. It has two large arched windows and the walls are a meter thick. When one enters the main portal, it is at the left through an arched entrance.
The interior of Anini-y Church is austere and lacking the rich details of some old churches like San Agustin.
Like most other churches in the country, the facade has a rectangular level topped with a triangular pediment. From a distance, it does look squat, just like most similar structures, but its linearity of design, well arranged details and clean divisions make it pleasant to the eyes.
The province of Antique, a long sliver of land and mountains by the sea stretching from one end to the other, at the western side has, at its tail end, a beautiful Spanish colonial era church, probably the only intact one in Antique. Made from cut coral stones, it has interesting details at its facade, a wide front dominated with large acacia trees while its kumbento is found a few meters at its right.