The interior of Caraga Church has been much renovated that there are no longer traces of the old, except for the hardwood posts and lateral walls. The old and dilapidated retablos were replaced with new ones during preparations for its centennial celebrations.
There are only three bells dated 1802, 1893 and 1895 remaining in the church of Caraga, Davao Oriental and these might have been placed at the top of the pediment. Now, all of these are just placed on the floor.
Caraga Church in Davao Oriental is a quadrilateral structure that is sparsely decorated. The lower level is made of mamposteria or rubble/stones with some parts finished with finely cut coral. There are only quite a few architectural details that might be interesting.
The town of Caraga in Davao Oriental has the distinction of having the oldest Catholic structure in the island of Mindanao. It was built by Fr. Pablo Pastells in 1884 when the Jesuits took charge of the spiritual administration of the town in 1871 from the Recollects.