The interior of the church has already been remodeled especially after the fire of 1955. Gone are the original retablo which is now replaced with a modern one. The wooden flooring was replaced with tiles in 1954.
The cemborrio or dome, located at the crossing of the transept and nave is quadrilateral with a pyramidal form unlike most that we might be accustomed it to be. Its topmost part is crowned by a stylized cross, left. Like the roof covering the nave, it sits on the shoulders of the coral stone walls and is mainly constructed of wood. Originally, the church was tejado (with roof tiles) but in 1932, Fr. Pablo Alava replaced it with corrugated sheets.
The facade of the church is simple with not much elaborate embellishments found in other churches. Its style is Neo-Classic and is mainly comprised of rectangular forms clearly represented by the windows. A triangular pediment, topped with 6 finials with a cross at the center, is supported by simple columns rising from the base up to about two thirds of the facade emphasizing further its vertical movement.
Located 117 kilometers southeast of Cebu City is the town of Oslob. First mentioned in 1690, it was only a visita of Boljoon. Founded by the Augustinians, it was turned over to the Jesuits in the year 1737 but was returned to them in 1742. The original fortified Spanish settlement was located in what was then called Bolocboloc but now known as Daanlungsod, (in Cebuano, means, old town). It’s high walls and watchtowers are still standing today minus the original chapel.